THE FRIENDS OF RUSWARP SCHOOL
We are a friendly group of parents, carers, staff and community members who work together to raise funds, increase the presence of the school in the local community and hold fun and engaging family events.
In its time Friends of Ruswarp has raised many thousands of pounds, which has been spent on improving equipment and resources to enhance our children's learning, education and the facilities in school in general.
- MINIBUS (Yes the big YELLOW minibus!!)
- Adventure Trial
- Outdoor equipment
- Video Recording equipment
- School trips
- Visitors into school
The Friends of Ruswarp Committee is made up of a group of volunteer parents, who help organise events throughout the year, including:
- events specifically for the children - school discos, visits from Santa, theatre group productions, Easter Egg competitions etc
- social evenings for parents & their friends - Quiz Nights, Race Nights, Bingo, Fashion shows
- large family events like the annual themed Fair which takes place in the summer, and a Christmas Fair featuring stalls, a cafe, children's Christmas Crafting and Santa's Grotto.
Chair: Andrea Hansell
Treasurer: Juliet Simpson
Secretary: Bryony Hansell
Members: Rebecca Petherick-Reid, Jemma Cole, Michelle Burke, Sarah Robson, Bev Greer
We are always on the look out for enthusiastic helpers who like to get stuck in and have fun. If you think you would like to be involved in supporting our fabulous school then please pop into the office and see Mrs Simpson and/or Mrs Hansell.